Now in Post Production: Snakebite Protection
NEW - Post Production Still Shot Teaser
"Snakebite Protection" is a unique genre-bending feature film about the plight of two college students facing the likely scenario of an encounter with a recently released rapist.
Factual interview/monologues segueing through the narrative exposes audiences to the sexual assaults many women have endured, while bolstering the appropriate rationale for the protagonist's decisions.
"Snakebite Protection" is issue-driven entertainment that acknowledges the perpetuation of violence against women. Rather than show the acts of devastation, "Snakebite Protection" instead focuses on how women feel about the violence they've experienced.
"Snakebite Protection" acts in stark contrast to what's traditionally offered to mainstream audiences because Hyperfex, LLC has determined that the function of film is not simply to entertain, but to inform, educate and at times put forth solutions to relevant social issues.
To support "anti-violence against women" measures, please DONATE today to help create "Snakebite Protection" as a campaign to help stamp out the epidemic of rape in our society.
Written and Directed by: Raymond McMillan
Cinematography by: Michael Maliwanag
Post-Production Supervisor and Editor: Alexis Corrigan
1st AC: Sandi Nowosielski
Lighting: Neal Adamson
Composer: Giselle Alexander
Sound: Stephen Emling
Production Assistant: Tony Esposito
- 1 out of every 6 American Women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her life time.
- In 2003 - 9 of every 10 victims were female.
- 17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.
- 60 percent of sexual assaults are not reported to police.
- 97 percent of rapists will never spend a day in jail.
- More than 50% of all rape/sexual assault incidents were reported by victims to have occurred within 1 mile of their home or at their home.
Special Thanks to people who in one way or another universally helped to make this film a possibility.
Mark Van Bruggen
Columbia College Chicago